Last week was my birthday week! Happy birthday to me! But the day before my birthday, I awoke to an unspeakable act….On June 12th, 2016, a gunman went into a LGBT club in Orlando, Florida and killed 50 people, and injured another 49/50 people. He was eventually gunned down by police.
Then, a few days later, a family vacationing at Disney World, from Nebraska, fell victims to an alligator that snatched up their 2-year-old child. He was pronounced dead after a frantic search.
I know the world is feeling very somber about these events, but being a HSP or empath could prove to be even more difficult. I know some of you can’t get out of bed, threw you into a small depression, or like my one LGBT friend, is afraid to attend any gay bars or events.
I’ve been struggling myself, and I wanted to share a few things that have been working for me. I hope you find these useful, and just remember; only light can overcome darkness. So continue to the be the light <3
- Turn off the news and don’t visit the Yahoo homepage 241 times a day. I KNOW it’s hard not to want to know every little detail. It’s hard to comprehend WHY someone would do this, and no matter how much information you have, you still won’t understand it. It just fills you up with more negative energy, and we need all the positive energy we can get to continue to make a difference in this world.
- Meditate on love. I got back heavily into meditating and when I meditate, I can clear on what’s really in my heart. I don’t REALLY believe this world is a dangerous place. The reality is, I am blessed to be here. I am not afraid to go out. I am proud to go out and love the world I’m living in. Getting in touch with your heart really helps you put things into perspective; that love always wins.
- Wear healing and protective crystals. I started wearing my rose quartz crystal around my neck to protect me against aggressive behavior and activate love in my heart. This helps when there are people around you, very angry at the world’s events. You can shield the hate and angry a bit easier.
- Prayer is a powerful tool. The universe always can hear you, so be clear in asking for what you want and make sure it’s genuinely coming from the heart.
- Give back. This is my favorite. Donate money, volunteer, or give blood. The evil in this world wants us to be angry and hate, just like he did. But by being brave and showing compassion, we counteract all the darkness. We are all one, and we will not be broken. All you need is love.
Hope this helps! I was inspired to write this blog post after my cousin told me she didn’t want to attend the LGBT Pride Parade in NYC next weekend because she was afraid of something happening. I told her to go, because if she doesn’t go, hate wins. Hate can’t win. And we have to beat out the darkness with the light. WE HAVE TO.
Bless all the families effective negatively in Orlando by both the disturbed gunman and the alligator. May you continue going forward in life with pride, compassion, love and forgiveness. <3